Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Personal Motivation: The Year in Review

Happy New Year to all! 2009 was a year of many interesting memories for me, and despite the last two weeks reflecting on major events, none of them really relate to my personal experience.

Throughout 2009, I learned many things about myself, experienced many adventures and grew as a person. Just a few examples of this follow:

1. New Friends: I met at least two new people who I am so thankful to have in my life. You should know who you are. It needs to be said that you have helped me to grow up as a person.

2. Old Friends: Throughout the year, you reminded me what it meant to love someone more than yourself, and one of you taught me what it means to love someone more than anything in the world.

3. Tough Times – There have been some challenges throughout the year, but I learned two very important things because of them; the first is that I need to take risks so that I can stay true to what I believe in, and second that sometimes the only way to fix things is to let go.

I’ve gone through a lot more than this, but obviously I wouldn’t be able to fit it all. Throughout the year though, I’ve seen things change, people change, and more importantly, my own change. Whether it’s for the best or for the worst, I couldn’t say. But since 2010 is here, I’m going to just keep going forward. Hopefully it doesn’t turn out a disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment