Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Social Motivators: The Year in Review (Part Six)

One of the big things that happened this year in the entertainment industry is Twilight: New Moon. Now, I’m not a screaming fan girl, so I’m not exactly for it. However, that being said, it doesn’t mean I’m against the idea of romantic love affairs between teenaged human beings and teenage vampires who are actually 20 years older than they look. I think this guy had it right when he came up with this parody trailer:

Because it really did look this silly to me.
All jokes aside, the entertainment industry has had its fair share of ridiculous. From Kanye West’s interrupting Taylor Swift becoming an internet meme, to Chris Brown beating up Rhianna, and from Perez Hilton getting beaten up to Christian Bale dropping the F-Bomb over 90 times in 4 minutes (or was it the other way around?).
There are also (for the more perverted) racy images of younger female celebrities that attracted much media attention, such as Vanessa Hudgens, Miley Cyrus etc. And who could forget the sex tapes? Of course, I won’t be linking them mostly because they either no longer exist, are pay-per-download, or are just plain disgusting, but you can google them if you so desire.
Apart from these obviously attention grabbing stories, there are others, which I haven’t been following mostly because I couldn’t care. However, I will say that 2009 seems to have been the year of the Douche. What do you think? Was this a good year for the entertainment industry? What stories have you been focusing on? Is it really worth it to treating these people like they’re special just because they have the limelight?

No comments:

Post a Comment